Pages

Sunday 11 October 2015

Review: Smashbox Shapematters Palette



Last week I was lucky enough to get my hands on the Smashbox Shapematters palette! It was a star gift in Boots last week and was on offer for 38euro, in which the full price was 78euro! Can you believe that!!!


Its a palette that covers Brows, Contouring and Highlighting & Eyeshadows! basically an all in one palette! all you need extra is your foundation and concealer & some lippy!

This is my first purchase from Smashbox so I was super excited to get my hands on it!! 

My first expression was that the packaging completely sold me! matte black case with gloss black typography! Very classy in my opinion!

* Very bad lighting *


*With Flash*
*Top to bottom*
blackout
Aubergine
Sumatra
Platinum
Posh
Stripped
Champagne
Totally Nude
Vanilla

*Without Flash*


So what do you get for your money?

Brows; The brow products are placed on the far left on the palette with the wax covered with a plastic case, which I thought was pretty genius so that the powder wouldn't ruin the wax! It then has two brow powders in Taupe & Soft brown. I used the soft brown on my outer brow and surprisingly taupe is the perfect lighter colour for my inner brow, I then groomed my brow to blend the powders and to make it look like a more natural full brow! The wax is nice and soft and holds the powder all day, and the powders are easily blended and quite creamy!

Face; I'm a total contour freak! I can not go one day without contouring, as my face is very round, I feel it gives my face some definition so I was super eager to try the contour and highlighting!! The contour is the perfect grey tone for under your cheek bone, the bronzer doesn't give an orange tone which is brilliant and warms up my face amazingly. I find the highlight doesn't actually "highlight" my skin quite as my as glow does. but I actually used it as an under eye setting powder and I found this worked perfectly, I pressed the powder under my eyes as I do tend to crease and it held my concealer very well! As for the Glow! AMAZING, loved the finish it gave my skin. Im very into the dewy look for Autumn/Winter as my skin does tend to look dry around this time of year that I wanted to make my skin look nice and fresh!

Eyes; I found after my first use of the eyeshadows, the palette got quite dusty but other than that the colour is quite pigmented and creamy! They are so easy to blend and are great at building! The first row of eyeshadows looks to me to be "base" or "all over" colours. Vanilla and Totally Nude are Matte shades and Champagne is a shimmer shade. The second row would be really nice as transition shades or lovely in the crease for a very light day look. They would also be great as an over all colour. My favourite is Stripped, its a great warm toned - off orange for transition shade! Stripped is Matte and Posh & Platinum are Shimmer. The last row in which are great for defining the crease or outer V are dark shades, great for evening makeup or just a strong eye look. Sumatra, Aubergine and Blackout are all Matte. I find these dark shades to last and to have the most pigment.

Included in the Palette is a two ended brush, brow and eyeshadow. Also a very LARGE mirror which is the perfect size to do a full face!! There is also a little packet of How To cards that you can go online and look at tutorials! Great idea for those who are unsure on how to use this palette!

Overall, Im in love with this palette, I've been using it every day. I find it so handy not having to root through my makeup to find a certain eyeshadow or my brow products. It was a great purchase and with that offer who could turn it down? 




Thanks For Reading!
Aisling xo








0 comments: